Wafa is a lawyer, with master degree in law, from Tel-Aviv university,
married + 2 , from Haifa, running her own law firm. Wafa has, as her both children, being active in public activities, especially promoting multi cultural society, emphasizing the shared between Arabs and Jews in Israel.
Wafa was a member of the Israel Broadcasting Authority, IBA, Chairwoman of Beit Ha-Gefen, Arab-jewish cultural center and many other institutions, such as:
1. A member of Forum LeHaskama Ezrahit, Citizens’ Accord Forum for
Jews and Arabs in Israel. (2003 – Present).
2. Member of the board of directors of the Truman Institute, part of the Hebrew University (1995-2000).
3. Member of the Executive Committee of the Abraham Fund, and Chair of the International Grant Committee ( 2004-2009).
4. Member of the Board of directors of the Israel Tennis Association and tennis
5. Board Member of Merchavim (the Institute for Advanced Shared Citizenship in Israel).
6. Participated in an international conference in Cannes, the subject of which was The West and Islam, chaired a panel as a moderator.
Lately, Wafa was appointed as a member of the board at Haifa University.